Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Reflection on Class

Reading the article in class yesterday opened my eyes to how drastically media is changing. It will be interesting to see where we are 10 years from now. Its pretty amazing to me the power of media & technology and its influence on us. For instance, facebook. While I am not a member I notice my friends spending hours a day on it. Its certainly now a major part of their lives and almost seems to be an addiction. But from a marketing standpoint it goes to show the incredible opportunities presently and the importance of innovation.

2 comments:

Kristie Maher's blog said...

Mike, I agree with you that media has drastically changed over the past decade. I think the big thing now is social media on the web. Since more and more people have internet access these days, people are finding that the web is a great place to socialize and generate and maintain relationships right from the comfort of home. Sites such as facebook and myspace have grown immensely and these great innovations have completly changed web behavior.

Mike Brennan said...

Thanks for agreeing with me. About time someone does, jk. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future with such sites as facebook and myspace. Will they still be as big in the future? Will other sites take over? Or will interest simply be lost in these types of sites? Who knows???? One thing I do know is I will be facebooking you once I get on...haha cya around